Careers | Internships
Before the Auction
- Assist the Manager, Auction Services with registering bidders in RFC and updating client information as needed. Collect identification for new bidders.
- Help record and double check all telephone and absentee bids.
- Respond to bidding and general auction inquiries.
- VIP buyers
- Review VIP bidders and buyers with Leslie prior to the end of the sale
- Follow up with bidders with the results of their left bids and offer to assist with shipping and pickups
- Assist with registering Live Auctioneers bidders
- Verify potential bidders contact information and requesting additional information when needed. Filing and processing identification.
- Approve bidders.
- Receive and process feedback from bidders.
- Assist with registering LH Live
- Approve clients on LH Live and assist them with registering for each sale.
- Register LH Live clients in RFC and assign them a bidder number.
During the Auction
- Resolve customer conflicts and problems regarding bidding and respond to inquiries throughout the sale.
- Assist Auction Services Manager with coordinating last minute bids and online bidders
After the Auction
- Assist Auction Services Manager in cross checking the podium records with the computer records and Live Auctioneers records.
- Import auction results from Live Auctioneers & Artfact Live to RFC. Create and send Invoices.
- Respond to all buyer inquiries regarding payment and shipping.
- Organize the auction binders and file bid sheets, written records and any other information gathered according to sale. Work with Accounting to file invoices and settlements in these binders.
- Assemble demographics reports.
- Resolve client bidding questions and problems.
- No Bid List/Collections
- Place non-paying bidders and other disruptive bidders on the no bid list.
- Work with Accounting to provide additional information from the bid forms to assist with collections.
- Communicate with various auction houses and share our no bid list.
- Work closely with accounting on all invoicing issues, including receivables & settlements
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Graphic Design and Catalogue Production
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers, a Fine Art auction house based in Chicago, is seeking a talented graphic designer who thrives in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment. The position includes producing catalogues and promotional material. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the desire to grow within a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Responsible for the creation, edits, and production of catalogues and other promotional material
- Ensuring the quality and company's standards and guidelines are maintained and followed and make sure all details are correct and checked before printing
- Work with director and team to develop catalogue covers / page concepts
- Ensure the qualities of the files delivered to printer are correct and that color proof is in line with printer's output
- Assist in the development of other marketing material: Ads, Email Marketing, Website
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
- At least 2 years of design experience with layout and production
- Strong technical graphic design and layout skills are essential
- Experience in catalogue production, upholding the standard and brand identity of the company, ensuring that the corporate guidelines are implemented
- Highly skilled in operating InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat -- CS5, and Microsoft Word
- Ability to manage and deliver assigned projects effectively against critical deadlines
- Experience with production of 100+ page printed matter is a plus
- Interest in Art and Art History
- Creative and shows initiative
- Good team player and able to solve problems
- Works well under high pressure and is able to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
Please send us link to your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers is seeking a Specialist/Cataloguer in the Fine Jewelry and Timepieces Department.
The position is primarily responsible for cataloguing consigned property, researching authenticity and provenance, and reviewing client inquiries to determine sale potential.
In addition to cataloguing property, this position also works with a team of specialists and account executives to coordinate Fine Jewelry and Timepieces auctions throughout the year. This includes developing the layout of the sale, assisting with catalogue production, setting up exhibitions, preparing condition reports, and working the auction and preview.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, interpersonal and administrative skills, be able to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong attention to detail. The ideal applicant will be a Graduate Gemologist (required) with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Jewelry Industry.
This position requires excellent customer service skills, basic computer knowledge, and an understanding of the current market prices of gemstones. A working knowledge of antique and vintage jewelry descriptions is a plus.
Technology Project Manager
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers, one of the nation’s leading auction houses, is seeking a Project Manager for technology development: A mature, driven and commercially astute individual with extensive experience in managing large scale projects in a fast paced environment.
Effectively manage changes through shifting business priorities, controlling project scope, resources and timing as needed. Assess current technological capabilities and anticipate effective procedures for change.
- Works in an iterative, agile environment, with milestone deliverables and well-defined technical leadership roles while using a structured development process and delivering applications on time and within budget.
- Works closely with other team members and IT Leadership in Operations, Application Development, and PMO Project Management to ensure the integrity of potential solutions to ensure that the proposed solutions can be implemented and supported.
- Develops re-use vs. buy vs. build analyses and recommendations.
- Creates technical documentation such as design documents, specifications, software architecture documents, and instructions.
- Manage, guide and develop designs, development, and modifications for Microsoft ASP.NET applications, .NET components, Web Services, and Enterprise Services components.
- Manage, guide and develop designs, development and maintenance for SQL database schemas and scripts, including views, triggers and stored procedures.
- Manages tasks and activities for self and other team members.
- Mentors junior members of the team on technology and process.
- Maintains and communicates project progress, issues, and risks to Project Manager and/or IT Leadership.
- Reviews project business requirements documentation and guide the translation of those requirements into unique, high quality solutions.
- Follows code version management standards and best practices.
- Develops and executes unit test plans and records/reports results.
- Demonstrates experience with object-oriented design, relational databases (schema and use) including SQL Server and development in Visual Studio environment.
- Outstanding analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Demonstrates excellent understanding of SDLC
- Excellent knowledge of C# or VB.NET, .NET Framework, Web Services, Enterprise Services, and ASP.NET, ADO.Net, Win forms and other .Net Libraries and Concepts
- TSQL, C/C++ and/or other programming languages
- Working experience with iterative development processes Test Driven Development processes.
- Demonstrated management and leadership ability
- Ability to work with teams of various sizes as well as work independently
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional projects at a time
- MS in Computer Science, MIS or relevant work experience.
- Additional experience developing secure web-based systems, system integration and building high-performance web
Specialist/Cataloguer - All Departments
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers, one of the nation’s leading auction houses, is seeking to hire experienced specialists in all departments. Specialists are primarily responsible for cataloguing consigned property, researching authenticity and provenance, and reviewing client inquiries to determine sale potential. In addition to cataloguing property, this position also works with a team of specialists and account executives to coordinate auctions throughout the year. This includes developing the layout of the sale, assisting with catalogue production, setting up exhibitions, preparing condition reports, and working the auction and preview.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, interpersonal and administrative skills, be able to work in a fast paced environment and have a strong attention to detail. A bachelor’s degree in art history or a related field is required along with at least 2 years of experience in the auction or appraisal industry.
Qualified candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers offers junior and senior level undergraduate students and graduate students unpaid spring, summer and fall internships at our West Loop location in Chicago. Successful candidates will be placed in positions according to their backgrounds and interests and will gain first-hand experience in auction house operations. A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week is required. To apply for an internship, please send a cover letter specifiying your interests and current resume to:
Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
Attn: Gretchen Adams
1338 West Lake Street
Chicago, IL 60607